Centre for Biomedical Systems and 3D Printing Research
Research HeadDr. Christy Bobby T
The Centre for Biomedical Systems and 3D Printing Research focuses on a number of fields including biomedical signal and image processing, machine and deep learning techniques for image classification, and biomechanics and fluid dynamics of human body design. The CBS3DPR is also working on non-invasive medical device development and 3D printing of anatomical models. We are working towards initiating collaboration and partnerships with various universities, research centers and industries. We encourage M.Tech and research students to carry out innovative projects and are in the process of getting more sponsored projects. We are also working towards our work getting published in peer reviewed journals and filing patents.
We are committed to the endeavor of bringing together Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Science fraternities, to seek solutions to the challenges in biomedical systems using contemporary technologies.
- To design, model, simulate and develop biomedical devices using the concepts of bio-control engineering, bio-mechanics, biomedical instrumentation, and digital signal processing/image processing algorithms.
- To design and develop healthcare mobile applications, Clinical Database Management Software (CDMS) and virtual surgery/surgical simulations.
- To analyse biomechanics and fluid dynamics of the human body.
- To develop a novel simulation model of biomedical imaging and image processing systems.
- Optimising signal processing, image processing, machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms.
- To model, simulate and analyse the human physiological systems and subsystems from the pharmaco-kinetics and pharmaco-dynamics perspective.
- To develop 3D modelling from 2D CT/MRI images and 3D printing of anatomy models.
- To transfer technologies developed for commercialisation and entrepreneurship.
- To disseminate knowledge on principles and current practices of biomedical and 3D printing research.
- To initiate collaboration and partnership with universities, research centers and industries.
- To publish the research work in reputed peer reviewed journals.
- To participate in international competitions.
To file patents of the work.
- Fusion Deposit Layer based 3D Printing Machine
- Multi Jet Fusion Powder based 3D Printing Machine
- Biomedical Real-Time Data Acquisition Lab
- Biosensor Modules
- IOT Development Facility
- Advanced Signal and Image Processing Software Tool
- Graphic Tools for Software Apps Development
- Digital Oscilloscopes
- Work Station
- Biomedical related Journals
Institute for Drug Delivery and Biomedical Research
- Centre for Biomedical Systems and 3D Printing Research
#470-P, Peenya Industrial Area, 4th Phase, Bengaluru-560058
Phone: 080 25555555