Research HeadDr. Malathi S
The Photonics Research Centre aims to excel as a pioneer in photonic research, enhance intellectual strength and cater to national needs of defense, space and healthcare.
- AR & DB sponsored research project for Chemical Sensor Development during 2013 – 2015 (Completed)
- ISRO RESPOND project for Gas Sensor Development (On going)
- AR & DB sponsored research project for Heat Flux Sensor Development (On going)
Proposed Research Work
- Tunable C‑band High Power Laser
- Integrated Optic Gas Sensor
- Optical Switches for Elasto Optical Network
- Photonics FPGA
- VLC Communication
- To apply the contemporary techniques for the design and development of fibre and integrated optic components to meet the performance requirements.
- To perform research on design and optimisation studies to arrive at geometric configuration of appropriate optics and opto-electronics components to realise the specified system performance requirements.
- To model, simulate and analyse the non-linear properties of fibre material to characterise the performance of optics or opto-electronic based components used in advanced electronic systems.
- To formulate and recommend solutions to the challenges of a multidisciplinary approach in the design and integration of subsystems of contemporary photonic crystals, photonic devices and fibre optic communication systems.
- To transfer technologies developed for commercialisation and entrepreneurship.
- To disseminate knowledge on concepts and practices of optical communication and opto-electronics.
To develop and pursue joint initiatives for collaboration and partnership with Universities, Research Centres and Industries to offer solution to societal relevant problems.
Defence Bioengineering and Electromedical Laboratory
Indian Space Research Organisation
- Photonics Research Centre (PRC)
#470-P, Peenya Industrial Area, 4th Phase, Bengaluru-560058
Phone Number: 080-49065555